The main functions of Guiyang Municipal Bureau of Industry and Information Technology
(1) Promoting new industrialization by formulating development strategies and policies, researching and coordinating major problems; formulating and implementing industrial development planning, promoting industrial restructuring, optimization and upgrading, and faciliating transformation of traditional industries and integration with high technologies.
(2) Promoting the integrated development of industrialization and information and coordinating major issues in construction; formulating and implementing integration development plans and policies; promoting the development, utilization, sharing and connectivity of information resources in the industrial sector; and guiding and coordinating industrial enterprises to develop and make use of information technology in the transformation and upgrade of traditional industries.
(3) Formulating and implementing industrial planning and industrial policies, proposing policy recommendations for optimizing industrial layout and structure; drafting local laws and regulations; implementing local industrial technical norms and standards; and organizing exchanges and cooperation concerning industrial and information integration.
(4) Monitoring and analyzing industrial economic operation and releasing information, and conducting forecasting, early warning, and information guidance; coordinating and solving problems in the operation and development of different industrial sectors and proposing policy recommendations; undertaking comprehensive coordination and support work of coal, electricity, oil, gas, transportation scheduling for Guiyang’s industrial enterprises; coordinating power dispatching and promoting power demand side management; participating in railway transportation and comprehensive transport coordination; and being responsible for industrial emergency management, industrial safety, and comprehensive coordination of the supply of important industrial products under emergency conditions.
(5) Proposing the scale and direction of investment in fixed assets of industry, industrialization and information (including utilization of foreign capital and overseas investment), proposing the central and provincial financial construction fund application arrangements, and filing fixed assets investment projects in accordance with the prescribed authority; managing and allocating Guiyang’s industry and information technology special fund and formulating and implementing annual plans; undertaking the management of industrial funds; and conducting tax exemption preliminary examination work for the fixed assets investment of industrial and information enterprises.
(6) Formulating and implementing plans and policies for high-tech industries, including biomedicine, new materials, and electronic information, organizing national, provincial, and municipal major technological research projects and national science and technology major projects, and cooperating with the appraisal work of new industrial and information products and new technology; guiding industry technology innovation and technological progress and promoting the integration of production, academia and research to bring scientific research results to the market; helping build enterprise technology centers, manufacturing innovation centers and technology innovation model enterprises; guiding industrial quality management and brand building; guiding the industrial green development; and organizing and coordinating the promotion and application of new products, new technologies, new equipment and new materials in the industrial and information fields.
(7) Conducting management of industrial sectors; revitalizing the equipment manufacturing industry, promoting major domestic technical equipment, and guiding the study and innovation of introduced major technical equipment; developing the producer service industry in the industrial sector; promoting, transforming, and industrializing the dual-use technology achievements, and cooperating with the construction of major projects for military and civilian integration in the industrial sector; being responsible for the management of the salt industry, and guiding and coordinating the production of the tobacco industry; managing the raw materials industry, and proposing policy measures that guarantee the supply of important mineral resources in Guiyang; guiding industrial associations' work; supervising the safety of production and sales of civil explosives in accordance with the law; strengthening safety production management, and promoting the implementation of safety production regulations and standards in industrial sectors.
(8) Working out the development planning and policy measures for industrial parks; planning the layout, monitoring and analyzing the development, and guiding the positioning of industrial parks; and solving major problems in the development of industrial parks and proposing policy recommendations .
(9) Drawing up and implementing the policies and measures that facilitate the integrated development of large, medium, and small enterprises; giving guidance and coordinating small and medium-sized enterprises, the non-public economy, and the urban collective economy; formulating policies and measures in cooperation with relevant departments to promote their development and solving major problems; and managing all kinds of fiscal funds used to support the development of small and medium-sized enterprises according to regulations.
(10) Working on military-civilian integration and poverty alleviation and development; responsible for the safety production and fire safety work of the department and the industry; increasing investment in science and technology, improving the scientific and technological innovation ability, and providing guarantee for innovation-driven development; making efforts in big data development and application and government data resource management according to the regulations, and enhancing the standard management, sharing and opening of government data.
(11) Completing other tasks assigned by the CPC Guiyang Municipal Committee, the Guiyang Municipal People's Government, and the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Guizhou province.
(12) Responsibilities Adjustment
1. Assigning the responsibilities of promoting military-civilian integration industries from the Guiyang Industry and Information Technology Commission to the Office of the Military-civilian Integration Development Committee of the Guiyang Municipal Party Committee.
2. Assigning the responsibilities of the Guiyang Urban Collective Industry Association to the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee).
3. Assigning the responsibilities of the coal mine safety supervision and management from the Guiyang Safety Production Supervision Administration to the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee).
4. Assigning the administrative functions undertaken by the Guiyang Food Industry Office of the Guiyang Industry and Information Technology Commission to the organ of the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee), and revoking the Food Industry Office.
(13) Transformation of Functions
The Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang will implement the strategy of building a strong city through advanced industries. By promoting high-level opening-up and focused on products and industries, the city will develop its industries driven by reform and innovation, transform traditional industries, cultivate emerging industries, and develop advantageous industries, to improve the industrial development quality and strive to build a modern industrial system with Guiyang characteristics. First, adjusting industrial structure and promoting transformation and upgrading in the expansion of the total amount of investment. Second, adhering to the supply-side structural reform features the high-end, green, and intensive development. This means to speed up the development of mid-to-high-end manufacturing, advance the real economy, and create industries that are worth of $100 billion yuan. Third, working hard on policy implementation to solve enterprises' difficulties and help them become strong, and creating a better development environment for the private economy. Fourth, making further efforts to build Guiyang a manufacturing strong city, and promoting the deep integration of big data and manufacturing to accelerate the development of intelligent manufacturing in Guiyang.
(14) Division of Responsibilities with other Departments
1. Roles of the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang and the city's Big Data Development Administration
The Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee) is responsible for the management of the electronic information manufacturing industry and the promotion of the integration of industry and information technology.
The Guiyang Big Data Development Administration is responsible for the rest of work related to information and big data.
2. Roles of the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang and the city's Development and Reform Commission
The Guiyang Development and Reform Commission is responsible for studying and formulating the comprehensive energy development strategies, plans and policies, and coordinating major issues related to comprehensive energy development and reform; making the balance between comprehensive energy development planning and national economic and social development planning; and conducting research and proposing the target of total energy consumption amount control, and taking the lead in formulating the work plan and organizing its implementation. The commission also coordinates the supply of coal, power, oil, and gas in Guiyang city, and deals with relevant issues in the economic operation and energy market and makes recommendations. The commission is also responsible for coordination in power production and formulates development plans and policies and organizes the implementation. It is also in charge of the management of energy industries, such as the wind energy, light energy, nuclear energy, pumped storage and other energy. In addition, it contacts with the Guizhou provincial energy bureau and coordinates the transfer of professional energy management business undertaken by the relevant industry authorities at the municipal level. It also conducts approval, filing or transfer of major energy projects within its authority, and coordinates the implementation.
The Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee) is responsible for the coal energy industry management and safety production supervision; formulating development plans and policies in the coal industry and organizing the implementation; and contacting the Guizhou provincial energy bureau regarding coal management. The bureau coordinates power facilities construction in the industrial sector of Guiyang city; works out and implements the development plan for the power industry, and carries out the national power-related policies and measures. It prepares the annual industrial power plans; coordinates power monitoring and forecasting and operation scheduling; and promotes power demand-side management. The bureau is also responsible for the coordination of straight power supply for large-scale industrial enterprises; addressing major problems in power operation; setting electric heating prices and handling of major safety accidents in electric power operations.
3. Roles of the Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang and the city's Market Supervision Administration (Guiyang Municipal Intellectual Property Office and Guiyang Municipal Drug Administration)
The Bureau of Industry and Information Technology of Guiyang (Zhongguancun Guiyang Science and Technology Park Management Committee) is in charge of the city's salt industry and responsible for managing the city's salt franchise and related law enforcement work.
The Guiyang Market Supervision Administration (Guiyang Municipal Intellectual Property Office and Guiyang Municipal Drug Administration) is responsible for the management of salt quality in Guiyang and the supervision and law enforcement in the salt market.